The current global reality is likely leaving the majority of us feeling anxious and stressed. When all of our social media feeds are filled with posts about COVID-19 and every news channel is reporting on it constantly, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by everything that is happening.
But, it’s so important to take time for yourself. Take a moment to breathe. Step away from the screens, go for a walk if you can, or take a long shower.
If you’re suffering in any way, whether it be emotional struggles or physical, please reach out to someone you can trust.
Here’s a beautiful northern cardinal with some golden hour bokeh between the trees to distract you from all the terrible news right now, even if just for a second.
Some suggestions to help you get through the weeks of social distancing:
- Escape with a good book
- Call a friend
- Have a virtual coffee date
- Binge watch some feel-good content on Netflix or YouTube
- Work-out at home
- Start a new hobby that you can do from home
- Bird watch through your window (and photograph them if you can!)
- Challenge yourself with an at-home indoor photo project
- Journal (or better yet, write a book!)
- Make art
Have more suggestions? Leave them in the comments below!
If you need someone to talk/rant/vent/cry to, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com 🙂